Call for Ambassadors
Our mission is to empower young Africans with the computing skills they need to pursue and thrive in a CS related career. On this journey, our previous workshops have given us some insights into the computing skills gap that is still existing on the continent. However, we believe there are more challenges faced by those beyond our reach.
To inform the long-term goals of CSA Africa, we are eager to generate a more comprehensive picture of the stories of young Africans: Where are they on their computing journey? What challenges are they facing? What support would be most beneficial to them to thrive on this journey? These answer will add on to the foundational problems that CSA Africa is tackling, as a result we can design sustainable solutions for the future.
To achieve this, we need "boots on the ground" in different African countries. We are looking for Ambassadors who will be a bridge between the initiative and people within their community (you will be expected to engage at least 100 "university-level" people by asking them some of the questions above, after which you will feedback your findings to the initiative).
Below are some of the things we are looking for in an ideal Ambassador.
* currently based in Africa
* ability to work effectively within a team
* good written and oral communication in English
* self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, and hardworking
* passionate about impact by helping others thrive on their computing journey
* affiliated with an African University (e.g., current undergrad, postgrad, or PhD)
* has basic knowledge of a programming language (e.g., Python)
What will I get from volunteering?
* Training on how to do market research
* 20GB of data bundle credited directly to your mobile number each month (60GB in total)
* Amazon gift card of up to 100 USD sent directly to your email at the end of the project (valid to purchase any item of your choice via www.amazon.com)
When is the application deadline? Ambassadors will be interviewed and on-boarded on a rolling basis until 31 March
What is the timeline of the role? Start date: 03 April 2023. End date: 30 June 2023.
How will meetings be conducted? There will be two Zoom meetings per month, with regular check-ins via a WhatsApp group.
What is the time investment for this? Approximately 3 - 5 hrs per week.
Who will the Ambassadors be reporting to? Dr Sofiat Olaosebikan (Founder of CSA Africa)